Watch Hot Talks on Health, A Spotlight on Young CarersNovember 23, 2017
On November 20, 2017 we hosted our second Hot Talks on Health event focused on family caregivers. The event shined an important light on the often invisible population of young carers. We heard keynote commentary from the U.K. on the state of young carer supports, the journey to legislation recognizing the vital role of young carers, and how young carers are supported (or not) in the healthcare system. In addition, we heard the story of an Ontario young carer, as well as insights on the caregiver recognition and support movement in Ontario.
- Abbigail, Ontario young carer
- Jenny Frank, Strategic Consultant, Young Carers England
- Janet Beed, Health Care Consultant and Advisor, Ontario Caregiver Initiative
If you were unable to attend this latest edition of Hot Talks, a full video from the event is available below.
- Across the pond: New reflections from the UK The start of the winter season always brings tidings of joy, peace, and for some, relaxation. For many family More >
- A bird’s eye view on young carers services in the U.K. Catherine Monk-Saigal, Program and Communications Associate Early on in The Change Foundation’s year of listening and learning from family More >
- Young Carers – The Invisible Population The Change Foundation’s response to Kielburger article in the Huffington Post, “Forced to Grow Up Too Fast, Canada’s Young More >
- Unearthing the organizations that support young carers Upon my arrival, I was tasked with creating a comprehensive list of the programs and services that exist in More >