We’re hiring!February 28, 2017
The Change Foundation is hiring! Applications for Communications Associate are due on Thursday, March 16, 2017 by 4:00 p.m.
As a passionate and strategic communicator, you are excited by the opportunity to make a big impact in an exciting role as Communications Associate with Ontario’s health care think tank. Through a combination of related experience and education, your achievements as a strategic communicator speak for themselves. You have a proven ability to make the most of the full range of digital, print and face-to-face tools and strategies, to reach your target audiences in a meaningful and measurable way. You instinctually listen to and engage with your audiences through online platforms. You have an entrepreneurial spirit and are excited by the opportunity to define your priorities and approach in a creative and strategic manner to support the overall vision of the organization. You are confident in your strategic communications expertise, like to work independently and know how to work collaboratively with a small professional team.
If this describes you, we are interested in hearing from you. The Change Foundation is looking for a Communications Associate to join our small and dynamic team.
About The Change Foundation
The Change Foundation (the Foundation) is an independent health policy think-tank that works to inform positive change in Ontario’s health care system. With a firm commitment to engaging the voices of patients, family caregivers and health and community care providers, the Foundation explores contemporary health care issues through different projects and partnerships to evolve our health care system in Ontario and beyond.
The Change Foundation has recently announced support for four Changing CARE projects across Ontario, in support of our current strategic plan: Out of the Shadows and Into the Circle focused on the important but unrecognized role that family caregivers play in the health care system.
Reporting to the Executive Lead, Strategic Communications, the Communications Associate is a communications resource for all aspects of the Foundation’s work. Responsible for managing a variety of strategic communications vendors and working collaboratively with the Foundation’s team members, the Communications Associate has a pivotal role in enhancing the profile and influence of the Foundation. Responsibilities include:
The Foundation’s digital platforms
- Coordinates all aspects of the Foundation’s website including writing the materials and associated e-newsletters.
- Designs and executes a social media strategy for the Foundation.
- Acts as the Foundation’s voice on social media platform, by posting original content, responding to online conversations on the Foundation’s behalf, and identifying new opportunities for the Foundation to build stakeholder relationships aligned with our strategic priorities.
- Creates shareable content, working with a designer as needed, to maximize the opportunity to profile the Foundation’s work in social media friendly formats.
- Monitors and reports quality metrics for the web site and the social media strategy, based on the metrics strategy developed in conjunction with the Executive Lead, Strategic Communications.
Print, online and video production coordination
- Oversees production of reports/other print and online materials, and creates launch plans to ensure effective distribution to target audiences.
- Works closely with graphic designers to ensure brand consistency.
- Monitors the uptake of our print and online publications, and maximizes their promotion using all of our channels.
- Develops and distributes the quarterly Top of Mind newsletter.
- Identifies proactive media opportunities for the Foundation, with a specific focus on maximizing the profile of the Foundation’s reports, papers, commentary and other products.
- Keeps Foundation staff and Board in the know via clippings/alerts on breaking issues/news.
- Works with colleagues to plan and stage external events including news conferences.
- Works collaboratively with Vendors to ensure all the communications needs of the Foundation are met.
- Demonstrated understanding of the health policy landscape and the political acuity to thrive in a complex stakeholder environment
- Experience in acting as the voice of an organization on social media
- A highly motivated and flexible individual, with the ability to adapt quickly to new information, situations and challenges
- A strategic and creative thinker who is adept at taking conceptual ideas and moving them to implementation
- A thorough understanding of the digital communications environment
- Outstanding writer and editor, with proven ability to write for a variety of formats
- Confident presenter
- Ability to effectively work with staff, Board and stakeholders at all levels
- Post-secondary education in the area of Public Relations, Communications, Journalism or Public Policy
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in a strategic communications role
Interested applicants should submit their cover letter and resume to Christa Haanstra at The Change Foundation (chaanstra <@> changefoundation <dot> com) on or before March 16th, 2017 at 4:00 p.m.
We thank all applicants, however only those who are invited for an interview will be contacted. The Change Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.
Be engaged. Sign up for our newsletter, Top of Mind, and let us keep you informed on what TCF is doing to influence positive change in Ontario’s health care system.Subscribe >
Looking for more information on TCF projects? Contact us to find out how we’re informing positive change in Ontario’s health care system.Contact Us >