Gerri Gershon gives advice to PANORAMA panel
In this short interview captured at the Foundation’s PANORAMA kick-off (September 29 & 30, 2012), Gerri Gershon, Chair, MOHLTC Citizens’ Council, advises PANORAMA panelists to listen carefully to one another and clearly understand their mandate and role. Gershon also says that ongoing evaluation is key to improving the group’s dialogue and dynamic and overall effectiveness. She says that any final report should reflect the viewpoints of the whole group.
Gershon also shares her council’s key challenges and successes to date. The MOHLTC Citizens’ Council provides advice on government drug policy to Ontario’s Minister of Health. It was established in 2009 and is the first of its kind in Canada.
Policy issue(s):Community Engagement in Healthcare, Health System Reform
- Two Panorama panelists share their healthcare stories with local newspapers
- The Change Foundation creates its own engagement panel – PANORAMA
- PANORAMA panelists reflect Ontario’s rich diversity
- PANORAMA panelists share hopes and healthcare stories
- PANORAMA: Our provincial advisory panel of healthcare users & caregivers
- A Plan to Transform Ontario’s Healthcare System: Ministry Transformation Secretariat
- Questions of Healthcare Quality – How We Measure Up – and Measure
- Public & Patient Engagement: The Big Picture
- PATH – Partners Advancing Transitions in Healthcare: Breaking New Ground
- Where’s an Advisory Panel to Start? Start with Primary Care
- How Will PANORAMA Work? Purpose, Promises, Input and Impact