Getting in Gear (Audio)
The 2011 invitational Meeting of the Minds focused on how to make “patient experience” a priority in a meaningful and measureable way. What role do access, communications, and engagement (ACE) play in shaping a better experience for people interacting with the health-care system?
The Institute of Healthcare Improvement’s Barbara Balik delivered the keynote address and identifies five key drivers of change:
• Governance and executive leaders must demonstrate that everything in the culture is focused on patient and family centered care
• The hearts and minds of staff and providers are engaged
• Every interaction reflects respectful partnerships
• Systems deliver reliable quality care 24/7
• Care teams instil confidence through collaborative, evidence
Getting in Gear Presentation, part 1 (mp3) (12:36 min)
Getting in Gear Presentation, part 2 (mp3) (15:26 min)
Getting in Gear Q&A (mp3) (15:43 min)
- What Is Your Patient Experience Story?
- Meeting of the Minds 2011: How Can We ACE the Patient Experience?
- Getting in Gear – What Drives Exceptional Patient and Family Experience?
- Social Media an Ace or a Feather for Patients?
- The Experience by Design Approach
- Achieving the goals of Integrated Primary and Community Care through a quality lens
- Patient Engagement at Capital Health – a Journey of Emergence
- Engaging Patients in Designing Care: System and Organizational Perspectives
- Meeting of the Minds 2011: interview with Ken Tremblay
- Meeting of the Minds 2011: interview with Stacey Daub
- Meeting of the Minds 2011: interview with Madeleine Dennis
- Meeting of the Minds 2011: interview with Lynne Maher