Senior Program Associate, Strategy and Innovation
Job Posting: November 2017
As a person passionate about contributing to meaningful improvements in Ontario’s health care system, you bring both strategic acumen and emotional intelligence relevant to strategy design, meaningful engagement and implementation. You are excited by the opportunity to make a big impact in an exciting role as Strategy and Innovation, Senior Program Associate with Ontario’s only health care think tank. Through a combination of related experience and education, your achievements as a strategic thinker and sound implementer speak for themselves. You have a proven ability to make the most of contributing to strategic thought while translating complex ideas into clear priorities and implementation plans. You instinctually listen to and engage with your audiences and you strategically ambassador the values of the work. You have an entrepreneurial spirit and are excited by the opportunity to define your priorities and approach in a creative and strategic manner to support the overall vision of the organization. You are confident in your strategic implementation abilities, like to work independently and know how to work collaboratively with a small professional team. You are comfortable with ambiguity and charting innovative approaches that emerge over time.
If this describes you, we are interested in hearing from you. The Change Foundation is looking for a unique candidate to join our small and dynamic team and one who is an exceptional fit with the Executive Lead, Strategy and Innovation.
Reporting to the Executive Lead, Strategy and Innovation, the Senior Program Associate plays an essential role in collaborating with the Executive Lead on the portfolio strategy and implementing significant priorities that are aimed at advancing The Change Foundation’s strategy focused on advancing substantive improvements in Ontario’s health care system specifically aimed at impacting health and community care experiences of family caregivers, patients, and providers.
Scope of Role
To collaborate with the Executive Lead, Strategy and Innovation on the portfolio, lead specific projects and support the operationalization others. Responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Collaborate on the approach to maximize the contribution of The Change Foundation’s current strategic plan in Ontario by examining innovative approaches to accelerate large scale change, such as social movements, social innovation and entrepreneurship methodologies;
- Design the approach for internal and external stakeholder engagement on the development of the Change Foundation’s strategic plan for 2020 and beyond, including generative discussions with the senior team and the Board of Directors;
- Develop and operationalize an annual operating plan and collaborate across the organization in order to successfully develop and implement;
- Translate complex conceptual ideas into simplified strategic models and or frameworks for key audiences;
- Lead and support the implementation of key strategic priorities;
- Participate in knowledge exchange opportunities with key stakeholders including funders and decision makers, health service provider, clients, patients, caregivers and the academic community;
- Facilitate the collaboration with national and international colleagues;
- Develop internal and external presentation materials and briefing notes;
- Facilitate the planning and implementation of key engagement events;
- Investigate, learn about and share knowledge on approaches to innovation;
- Support the implementation of the Change Foundation social media strategy
- Initiate, lead and support additional goals and objectives required by the portfolio as the opportunities arise
- Solid understanding of Ontario’s health system and the relationships among health services planners, providers, consumers and the policy environment.
- Solid knowledge and experience in applying quality improvement methods and measurement within the context of quality improvement in health care settings.
- Excellent program management, time management and event management skills with the ability to prioritize work and meet sequential deadlines.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, experience interacting with a wide range of individuals in a variety of situations. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with a proven ability to use evidence/data.
- Superior listening skills; oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to show a high level of initiative and superior organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate within complex adaptive systems and proven ability to use innovative thinking and approaches to advance change that leads to improvement
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with a all key audiences within the health care environment inclusive of patients and caregivers in additional to funders, decision makers, policy makers and health services organizations and providers.
- Master’s degree in Health Administration or a related field and 5 years progressive experience in a healthcare environment
- Management and supervisory experience working with various sized teams and with oversight for complex projects, preferably in healthcare.
- Demonstrated ability to show aligned values and ‘fit’ to those of The Change Foundation and its team
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically while being able to translate into operationalize strategic priorities and the multi-dimensional requirements of the portfolio
- Ability to manage complex and multiple priorities with enthusiasm and a positive energy.
Interested applicants should submit their cover letter and resume to Jodeme Goldhar, Executive Lead, Strategy & Innovation, at The Change Foundation (firstname.lastname@example.org) on or before November 29th, 2017 at 4:00 p.m.
We thank all applicants, however only those who are invited for an interview will be contacted. The Change Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.