In 2017, after a long and detailed search, The Change Foundation identified four Changing CARE partnerships from across Ontario to receive funding and support over the next three years to improve the caregiver and provider experience for their communities.
Changing CARE is the “action phase” of The Change Foundation’s Out of the Shadows and Into the Circle 2015-2020 strategic plan—following on our 2015-2016 year of listening and learning from family caregivers and healthcare providers across Ontario.
Now that we’re more than a year into Changing CARE, it’s the ideal time for us to stop and reflect on the collective path we’ve taken so far.
This series of reports focuses on learnings and lessons from Changing CARE.
Lessons from Changing CARE: The Discovery Phase of Experience-Based Co-Design focuses on our four teams’ first year of listening and learning from, and co-designing with the family caregivers and healthcare providers in their communities.
Lessons from Changing CARE: Co-Design Events focuses on what the Changing CARE projects are learning from their initial co-design events to address priority areas for improvement.
Each of these reports features practical tips to help you use and adapt what we’ve learned to help you co-design solutions in your own setting.
We want to see improved caregiver and provider experience all across Ontario, and beyond. These reports are the first step on that journey.
- Full Report – Lessons from Changing CARE: The Discovery Phase of Experience-Based Co-Design
- Full Report – Lessons from Changing CARE: Co-Design Events
- Info Sheet – 5 Steps to Successful Engagement
- Info Sheet – 6 Tips for Project Planning
- Info Sheet – 7 Tips For Engagement Planning
- Info Sheet – 9 Tips for Recruiting Caregivers and Providers for Engagement
- Info Sheet – 13 Tips for Engagement with Caregivers and Providers
- Info Sheet – 5 Tips for Post Engagement
- Info Sheet – 10 Tips for Co-Design Events